Sunday, July 10, 2011

I Should Have Been a 50's Wife

Not that I don't love all the new technology out there these days (such as the blog I'm writing on now) but there are days that I  feel like I should have been a wife back in the 50's, you know with fantastic hair, makeup and dresses. The kind of woman you'd see in old magazine ads with their adorable aprons and high heels pushing around a vacuum cleaner or doing some monotonous house chore and smiling while doing it. Maybe I just envy the fashion of that era as opposed to actually wanting to live in that era, although it's tempting to live without cell phones and computers sometimes.
 I just love that the whole retro, rockabilly style has made a huge comeback and I especially love the new twists on old classics, this one in particular is an amazing dress that I've been eying for quite some time on Etsy. Now to create some fantastic jewelry and fascinators to compliment it.
Fishtail Pencil Dress from http://www.heartmycloset.etsy.com

I had the pleasure of visiting the Bettie Page store in Las Vegas recently, www.bettiepage.com and I loved all the adorable pencil dresses. I was so tempted to buy, but all the yummy food and drinks in Las Vegas weren't so nice to my waist line, so for now I'll just wait.

Although I'm a child of the 80's I cringe seeing the comebacks of neon colored leggings and fanny packs as well as the really bright neon ray ban sunglasses (though it's real fun dressing like this for an 80's throwback party). Hopefully it's just a temporary fad, I much rather enjoy the classic style of the 40's and 50's. 

Well enough of my randomness, just thought I would share my thoughts on that. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cleaning Your Sterling Silver Jewelry Naturally

So I'm posed with this problem quite frequently since I sell lots of sterling silver jewelry... "How do I clean my tarnished jewelr...